Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Part 2

Sunday
Yay sunday!! I planned for a 6 mile run in the AM so I woke up(with stomach issues, blah) ate my rudi's english muffin with peanut butter and got ready for a hot run. My dad drove me down to the boardwalk and I headed off. It was pretty busy down there but it was to be expected Memorial Day Weekend at the shore. I made it almost 2 miles before my stomach started having a mind of its own and an emergency bathroom stop was needed, but I wasn't gonna let that stop me. After my break I continued running only to be combatted by the heat and have to stop about a mile later to get a drink of water from the water fountain(I also splashed myself with the water and accidentally got it all over an elderly lady.OOPS!) But i was determined to finish and thats what I did. I fought through the heat and my horrible stomach issues and finished my run.
My dad picked me up and brought me home where I continued my workout and completed 15 sets of 10 pushups with ab exercises in between each set . Afterwards I needed to refuel and ate a large cottage cheese bowl with bananas, carob powder, amy's granola, and chocolate almond butter..mmhhhmm.
Later that day I went to my brother's final basketball game for the tournment and then went to my cousin's birthday party. That was an amazing day despite the issues with the run but it made me feel stronger mentally, knowing if I can finish a run when I feel horrible, I can definitely work through a lot.
Monday
Family BBQ at my house!!! Spent the morning with my mom running errands and then cleaning with my dad and setting up. My mom and I even fit in a nice 3.5 mile hike. By nice I mean sweaty and intense but totally worth it. When I got back I didn't even get to shower before I had to act like hostess because I took most of the responsibilty off my mom. I helped my dad with the food and made sure everything was cleaned after it was used. I love my family and it was great spending time wiht them.
After they left I went to the beach and ran barefoot by the water for 3.50 miles and also incorporated 2 200 meter sprints in the deeper sand. My first beach run was a huge success and I definitely can't wait to do it again!! Loved it and was an awesome workout.
Long Weekends are so refreshing and are a great break.
Dev

No comments:

Post a Comment