Sunday, April 10, 2011

1st day=Great Day

Hi. I am so excited about this blog. I have been inspired by the other blogs I have been hooked to lately like Carrots N' Cake, The Broccoli Hut, N Her Shoes, and Kath Eats Real Food. They all have messages that I can relate to and love. I am a runner and am a self-proclaimed health nut. I really want to get into cooking my meals, for the most part right now I am just buying prepared meals from health markets even though I have had a passion for cooking for a couple of years now. It's time to take the leap and start to cook my own food considering this summer I will be starting college and living on my own for the most part.
I am running in a half marathon on saturday april 16th and have been training for the past 14 weeks with Jersey Shore Running Club. It's my first half and I am both excited and nervous. Today was a rest day for me and I greatly appreciate the allotted rest days :)
I traveled to Dean's Market and Wegman's today to start off my quest for cooking and starting to break my boring same thing everyday eating routine.
For Dinner I had a Blackened Tofu Sandwich. It was amazing. Multigrain bread,blackened tofu,alfalfa sprouts,tomato, and vegan mayonnaise. Mhhmm Mhhmm. On the side I had carrots and shelled edamame.
Fot a night snack I had a rome apple with Icelandic Yogurt and Dark Chocolate Almond Spread. I also decided to make Almond Butter Balls which were also delicious.
Good Night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment